History

VIEW OUR WELCOME LEAFLET

 

   

VIEW OUR MISSION STATEMENT

   
   

 

Arts Council Artsmark Award Brixton Learning Collaborative Brixton People Know What Brixton Needs Lambeth Teaching Schools Alliance
The site of St John's school was freely given by Benedict John Angell. The buildings were designed in Tudor style by Benjamin Ferrey and built in Rochester brick with Bath stone dressings by Messrs. Holland in 1853; the cost was £1,600. The original school stood next to the police station.

As originally planned the school contained three large rooms and provided accommodation for 180 boys, 120 girls and 100 infants.

There was also a house for the master. Later additions have been unsympathetic. The school was severely damaged in the war of 1939–45, and was reopened in 1947.

The school was re-built in 1972 on it's present site. We have a few staff teaching at the school who were pupils of the school in the 1970s.

In the summer of 2014 the school was demolished and we moved into a temporary school in Somerleyton Road, Brixton, while the new school was being built.

Our brand new school was opened on 17th September 2016.

The school will soon be able to take on 3 form entries per year group.